NEW HARLEY-DAVIDSON LOW MODEL IS SLAMMED AND LOADED
Tour with Confidence on Ultra Limited Low
Harley-Davidson® takes fit further with the 2015 Ultra Limited Low motorcycle, a new model that offer the lowest seat height, and the highest rider confidence, available in a premium touring bike. The seat is slammed to get a rider’s feet closer to the road, but that’s just one of the ergonomic enhancements built into this new Low model that offers more freedom to more riders, right off the showroom floor.
From the width of the primary drive housing to the diameter of the hand grips, Harley-Davidson went over its premium Touring motorcycles from top to bottom, responding to customer input to develop a better fit for riders as short as 5 feet 5 inches tall. Visually indistinguishable from standard Harley-Davidson Touring models, the Ultra Limited Low is also equipped with the full complement of Project RUSHMORE features that have recalibrated the expectations of touring for motorcyclists. The look, sound and feel of the premium Harley-Davidson Touring experience is unaltered, but the fit will be right for more riders.
“With this new model we are addressing the important issue of fit, perhaps the ultimate expression of personalization,” said Michelle Kumbier, Harley-Davidson Senior Vice President of Motorcycle Operations. “This Low model will allow many riders to feel more comfortable and more confident when they settle into the seat.”
The Ultra Limited Low shares a package of features designed to work together to address comfort and fit issues specific to riders of shorter stature.
– A seat height of 25.6 inches – 1.7 inches lower than the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic model and the lowest of any premium touring motorcycle on the market today – allows more riders to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is stopped. A new low-profile seat reduces the reach to the foot controls. Premium front and rear suspension lowers the bike’s center of gravity and makes it easier to lift the motorcycle off its side stand, yet delivers outstanding comfort and handling.
– The width of both the primary drive housing and derby cover has been reduced to further improve leg clearance to the ground.
– A new handlebar places hand controls two inches closer to the rider, putting many riders in a more comfortable position that can reduce back and shoulder strain.
– Smaller-diameter hand grips reduce finger reach to the brake and clutch levers.
– Assist and Slip hydraulic clutch reduces lever effort, a key benefit in stop-and-go traffic.
– A new passenger footboard mount allows the footboards to be folded up so they are out of the way when pushing the motorcycle in a garage or driveway.
– A new toe tab extension reduces foot reach required to retract the side stand.
The 2015 Ultra Limited Low redefines touring motorcycle refinement. The Twin- Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine delivers steady performance in any riding situation. A Touch screen and GPS navigation are features of the 100-watt Boom! ™ Box 6.5GT infotainment system. Contrast chrome Impeller cast aluminum wheels, rich two-tone paint schemes, a premium Tour-Pak luggage rack, premium saddlebag travel bags and a premium Tour-Pak travel-pak are among the deluxe features of the Ultra Limited Low.
The 2015 Ultra Limited Low offers the lowest seat height available in a premium touring bike and a package of features designed to address comfort and fit issues fit for riders under 5 feet 7 inches tall. Those features include:
• A seat height of 25.6 inches allows more riders to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is stopped, and a new low-profile seat reduces the reach to the foot controls. Premium lowered front and rear suspension lowers the bike’s center of gravity and makes it easier to lift the motorcycle off its jiffy stand, yet delivers outstanding comfort and handling.
• The overall width of the primary drive housing and derby cover are reduced to further improve leg clearance to the ground.
• A pull-back handlebar places hand controls two inches closer to the rider, putting many riders in a more comfortable position that can reduce back and shoulder strain.
• Smaller-diameter hand grips reduce the finger reach to the brake and clutch levers.
• Assist and Slip (A&S) hydraulic clutch reduces lever effort 23 percent, a key benefit in stopand-go traffic.
• A new passenger footboard mount allows the footboards to be folded up so they are out of the way when pushing the motorcycle in a garage or driveway.
• A new toe tab extension reduces the reach required to retract the jiffy stand.
Visually indistinguishable from standard Harley-Davidson Touring models, the Ultra Limited Low is equipped with the full complement of Project RUSHMORE features that set the standard for long-haul touring comfort and convenience.
• Rubber-mounted, Air-Cooled 1690cc High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine with integrated oil cooler; finished in Black with chrome covers
– 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission
– Hydraulic Assist and Slip clutch
– Electronic Cruise Control
– Low-maintenance belt drive
• Pull-back handlebar places grips two inches closer to the rider
• Super premium reduced reach, low-profile two-up seat
• Reduced-width primary housing and derby cover for improved rider leg clearance
• Upgraded Premium lowered front and rear suspension lowers motorcycle by one inch
• Smaller diameter hand grips reduce lever reach
• Jiffy stand extension reduces reach
• Passenger footboards and pivoting mounts permit easier mobility and greater leg clearance
• Batwing fairing with Splitstream vent for reduced head buffeting
• Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS; floating open front brake rotors
• Daymaker™ LED headlight and fog lights
• Boom!™ Box 6.5 GT infotainment system with GPS and touchscreen, Bluetooth capability, with 25-watt per channel amplifier and four speakers, CB radio
• Jukebox media compartment with USB connection and One-Touch access door
• Injection-molded hard saddlebags with chrome One-Touch design latch
• Injection-molded Tour-Pak® case with One-Touch latch and integrated lock
• Rear LED stop, turn, and position lights located on the Tour-Pak®
• Impeller Cast Aluminum wheels
• Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
• Heated hand grips
• Raised, “stadium-style” gauges with lighted tic band
• Tour-Pak® luggage rack, Premium Saddlebag Travel Bags and Premium Tour-Pak® Travel Pak
Source: Harley Davidson